Listed here are your weekly Zcash updates:
- Zcash is now supported by a US publicly traded firm. That’s fairly superb.
- “Privateness will develop into a extra common funding theme.” Barry Silbert namedrops Zcash in his first interview in eight months.
- Former CIA director Michael Morell printed a paper on Bitcoin’s use in illicit finance. The paper was commissioned by Crypto Council for Innovation (whose members embrace Coinbase, Constancy Digital Property, and Sq.). Whereas this will likely appear good for Bitcoin, the paper makes some regarding conclusions about mass surveillance and crime. Take a look at Josh’s thread for extra context.
- New Launch 4.4.0 permits zcashd to be configured to optionally expose an HTTP server that acts as a Prometheus scrape endpoint.
- This week, ECC introduced Halo Arc and Unified Addresses. Each of those bulletins sign a brand new period for Zcash – one that’s shielded by default, with out the trusted setup and with out the challenges of a number of deal with codecs.
Mark your calendars –
Within the information (moreover Coinbase), Oklahoma is launching a state-wide ALPR (computerized license plate readers) program utilizing mass surveillance as a technique to acquire extra income.“Policing is just not about crime management or public security however in regards to the regulation of individuals’s lives — their actions and modes of being on this planet.” AI researchers boycott Google after the firing of Timnit Gebru.
The Winklevoss twins can be on the Could cowl of Forbes .Nigierian artists dabble with NFTs. MEV (miner extratable worth) is a rising concern (and interesting matter!) for Ethereum. Don’t miss the March Roundup from ZKMesh.
That’s all for this week of us!
Leave a Reply